St. Vincent Pallotti established the Society of the Catholic Apostolate in the year 1835. This Society is commonly known as the Congregation of the Pallottine Fathers and Brothers, which is an international congregation with its headquaters in Rome. The essential teaching of St. Vincent Palloti is to spread and proclaim the message of love and service to all. Today, the organisation has spread all over the world, which is the result of the commitment of the members .
In accordance with the desire of the founder , some German and Australian priests came to India in 1951 and established Holy Cross School in Byron Bazar , Raipur in 1956, one of the first English medium schools in the region of Chhattisgarh. The school became the launching pad for the educational work of the Pallottines in the country. The Pallottine Fathers and Brothers then undertook the founding and running of several educational institutions in India, such as Holy Cross Senior Secondary School Kapa & Byron Bazar and St. Vincent Palloti College at Kapa, Raipur. St. Vincent Pallotti College of Engineering and Technology at Nagpur and among the latest undertaking is the beginning of St. Vincent Pallotti International Residential School at Dongargarh.